EMPLOYER NAME: Ouster, Inc.
POSITION LOCATION: San Francisco, CA
POSITION AVAILABLE: Software Engineer, Mapping
MINIMUM REQUIREMENTS: Master’s degree or foreign equivalent in Computer Science, Robotics, or a related field.
DESCRIPTION: Create software systems that automate the construction of 3D maps using a variety of sensor data. Work with the data infrastructure team to ensure that any products created can scale as the company grows. Adapt and improve lidar-based odometry (motion-sensing over time) and mapping. Create production-quality code using C++ and Python.
Knowledge or skills through education, work experience, or both, to include the following:
- Ability to integrate and edit open source code into larger software projects.
- Ability to implement pose graph optimization with loop closure, particularly using LIDAR point cloud data.
- Ability to implement bundle adjustment using both LIDAR and RGB camera data.
- Knowledge of C++, Java, and Python.
- Knowledge of large-scale robot localization, particularly using LIDAR point cloud data.
- Knowledge of numerical sparse and nonlinear optimization as applied to factor graphs in robot state estimation.
- Knowledge of numerical optimization on Lie manifolds for application in robotic state estimation.
CONTACT: Please send resume to Ouster, Inc. at email@example.com.